It may not be easy to cope with incontinence but to control the situation there are a number incontinence products available in the market today that support ongoing treatment for this problem.
Causes of Incontinence
When incontinence occurs in adults it could be due to a number of underlying reasons which may require proper treatment.
• The weakening of the pelvic floor muscles is one of the main causes of incontinence.
• An illness like urinary or bladder infection could be one of the causes.
• Certain medications have a side-effect of incontinence. Once the medication is over the problem also subsides.
• Weakening of the bladder could be a cause of incontinence.
• Weakening of the muscles around the bladder can result in an incontinent situation.
• Movement-limiting diseases like arthritis and Parkinson’s have an indirect effect on the situation since the limited movement disables the sufferer from reaching the restroom in time.
• An injured spine can also result in the development of incontinence since the nerves controlling the bladder are situated in the spine.
• A diabetic person is likely to develop incontinence.
Let’s face it, a condition like adult incontinence may not be very easy for the patient to adjust to. There are a number of ways to control the problem along with incontinence products to support the treatment.
• Medication is prescribed by a medical practitioner after having examined the patient.
• Exercises that enable strengthening of the pelvic floor muscles are helpful in treating the problem.
• Programs that help retrain the bladder are undertaken when necessary.
• A fiber rich diet helps control the problem to some extent.
• Products like adult diapers prove helpful in aiding the ongoing treatment process
. Incontinence is not a very serious condition. What is required is gathering up the courage to face it and consulting an experienced physician. Along with the doctor’s treatment, the incontinence products available in the market help the patient cope with the situation and recover from it.